Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    car10

1999 wide AM (RDV-006)

The drought is finally over. I found a '99 wide am this morning. AU-53. I tried to post a photo but it said "this is not a valid image file" and now I'm recharging my camera batteries. I'll try again later.

Shingpumps
    Congrats, It's been a while for me. I would like to see which die it is.

AgCollector
    Good job! Shingpumps, I read they were all from the same die, which made them so scarce. Have you found otherwise?

car10

Obverse photo.

Here it is..
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by car10; 03-02-2008 at 08:37 PM. Reason: consolidation

car10
    Thanks for the info Shing.

AgCollector

Dies

If you look at this thread and scroll down to the first post by coppercoins

http://www.coincommunity.com/forum/t...TOPIC_ID=23554

he states that "There is but one die known for all the 1999 wide AM cents discovered to date".

Now, he doesn't back that up with anything but I would take Chuck Daugherty's word over Ken Potter's about the subject.

car10
    Thanks for that info John. Chuck's post in that thread is interesting.
    In my experience, after searching roughly 600,000 cents I have found only three 1999 wide AM's to date. That gives you a rough idea of how scarce they are.

Post Thanks / Like
    Nice find David and the odds of your finding one

i found one in about my 50,000 search so i guess i'm ahead of the average. i thought i read from a forum chat once that one could be found in about 50,000 pennies but that was a couple years ago. as time marches on the average will get higher

i thought another die was discovered for the 99 wide am from Billy C. ill try and check on this or if anyone had heard this before

Snowman

AgCollector
    Wow, I'm way below average with only one found in 800,000 cents! Unfortunate!